Area we practice at AW Law Group
Investment Based Visas
The United States is a land of opportunity for everyone looking to expand their professional careers. Businesses flourish in this part of the world even beyond investor’s expectations, providing stable growth for most business organizations. If you wish to invest in the U.S. and start a new business venture or even join an already existing one, you need to have a proper visa status for visiting and staying in the country.
The United States immigration laws allow for Investment-Based Visa programs that can ease long-term international travel requirements for every business aspirant entering the country. Once your visa application is accepted, you will be able to invest in any business venture in any industry. As long as you abide by all the country’s tax and business laws, you can experience prosperity as a foreign investor.
EB-5 Investor Visa Program
The EB-5 investor visa category was first introduced in 1990. The EB-5 Investment-Based Immigration Visa is specially designed for large investors trying to invest in a business enterprise within the USA. This visa allows its successful holders to the rights under immigration status with the promise of a Green Card (i.e. permanent residency) as well. With this type of investment-based immigration visa, you will be able to enter or exit the country as many times as you wish. Your investment can be made towards any business enterprise. Consider these following points for the EB-5 type investment visa:
- The basic requirement for an investment into a U.S. is that a foreigner must invest from $500,000 or $1,000.00, depending on the geographic location, in a U.S. business enterprise that would create and maintain ten direct full-time jobs for U.S. workers.
The EB-5 program is one of most flexible immigrant investor programs in the world. Some of the salient features are:
- No Language requirement
- No minimum education requirement
- No business or management experience requirement
- No Sponsor is needed (foreign investors use their own personal funds and do not require sponsorship)
- According to Section 203(b)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, EB-5 immigrant visas are allocated yearly to qualified individuals seeking lawful permanent resident status on the basis of their capital investment in a commercial enterprise.
- The qualified funds must have been obtained legally.
- Typically, the whole process takes about two years (except for backlogged nationals) for an EB-5 applicant to get a conditional green card. It takes six months or more to receive an approval for an I-526 petition. Petitioners living in the U.S. should expect to wait another six months for approval of their adjustment of status.
- All these timelines are highly dependent on the background check and thus if it does not clear in a timely manner, the process will take more time to get approval.
- All types of business enterprises including Motels, Convenience Stores, Property Management Organizations, Gift Shops, Construction Companies, Food Franchises, Shooting Ranges, Pool Cleaning Services and/or Paving Companies can be invested in to qualify for this type of visa.
Why Choose Us?
Are you looking to get your USA Business Visa based on Investments processed as quickly and efficiently as possible through a trusted partner? AW Law Group is the perfect immigration and business law service provider for you based in Newark, California. We work with various foreign investors around the world. Our business relationship with countless U.S. immigration specialists keeps us always updated with the latest developments in ever-changing area of immigration to the Unites States.
Call us now to find out how we can assist in your immigration goals and help you gain a U.S. Investment Visa to grow your business in the United States.